With just a spritz of oil and a sprinkle of seasoning, you can make crispy, delicious frozen potato wedges in your air fryer in no time. Ditch the deep fryer and all the excess oil but keep all that irresistible crunch with this easy recipe.
Enjoy these addictive crispy air-fried wedges as a side or snack anytime!
Air fryers have revolutionized home cooking and made whipping up delicious fried foods like crispy frozen potato wedges easy and fast without all the excess oil of traditional frying. You get the best results using an air fryer over a traditional oven, and it's faster too!
This air fryer frozen potato wedges recipe yields tasty, crispy fries in just minutes using the air fryer basket for quick cooking and less oil. Keep reading for my step-by-step instructions for crispy air-fried potato wedges, a great side dish option or an easy snack!
I love making everything air fryer, check out my recipes for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges or Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes, they're perfect air fryer potato recipes! If you have more frozen vegetables, check how to make perfeclty crispy Frozen Sweet Potato Fries and Frozen French Fries in your air fryer!
🥄 Why This Recipe Works!
There are so many reasons this air fryer frozen potato wedges recipe is a winner:
- Perfect Side Dish: Ready in just 15-20 minutes
- Healthier Alternative: The hot air circulation in an air fryer is the best way to make perfect potato wedges in less time without deep frying!
- Few ingredients: Just frozen wedges, oil, and seasonings
- Kid-friendly: A healthier snack for everyone to enjoy!
- Customizable: Endless ways to customize with flavors and spices
- Simple Recipe: Quick and easy side dish to whip up anytime
Frozen potato wedges are the star of this easy air fryer recipe. I like to use plain battered wedges with no seasoning so I can flavor them how I want. A quick spritz of olive oil or cooking spray helps the seasonings stick and promotes even crisping. Garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper are my go-to's for flavoring but you can use any of your favorite seasonings!
To make frozen air fryer potato wedges, you'll need:
- 1 Bag Frozen Potato Wedges, whatever your local grocery store has will work perfectly!
- Olive Oil or Oil Sprayer Bottle (Don't use non-stick spray!)
- Optional Seasonings (to taste): Garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper are all great seasonings for adding even more flavor to your potato wedges.
See the recipe card for quantities.
- Frozen Potato Wedges: Instead of using plain frozen potato wedges, use frozen sweet potato wedges, crinkle-cut fries, or fresh potato wedges cut into wedges and parboiled. You can also make homemade potato wedges if you have russet potatoes!
- Olive Oil: Olive oil can be replaced with avocado oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, etc.
- Optional Seasoning: Seasonings can be customized to your tastes - try Italian seasoning blends, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, paprika, herbs like rosemary, and more.
With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy crispy, golden potato wedges in just minutes in your air fryer.
Add the frozen potato wedges to a large bowl and spray with a little oil. Toss to coat the wedges with the oil, this helps the seasonings stick and gives a nice crispy texture. Add any optional seasoning you would like at this stage and toss to coat.
Add the seasoned potato wedges to the basket of the air fryer in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd.
Air fry potato wedges at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy, shaking the basket halfway through cook time for even cooking. I added a spray of extra oil when shaking the wedges, making the seasoned potatoes wedges even crisper.
Remove the crispy air fryer potato wedges from the basket and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces!
Cooking time can vary based on the size of your air fryer and quantity of wedges, but generally, they take 15-20 minutes at 400°F in a typical 5 qt air fryer.
Yes! The great thing about air fryers is that you can cook frozen foods like wedges straight from the freezer with great results.
Flipping isn't necessary, but giving the basket a shake halfway through is recommended to promote even browning and crispiness.
The key is to not overcrowd them in the basket, cook at a high temp (400°F), and let them drain on paper towels after cooking to soak up excess oil.
There are endless options when it comes to switching up this simple air fryer potato wedge recipe:
- Veggie Loaded: Toss in sliced onion and bell pepper for veggie-loaded wedges.
- Deluxe Wedges: Top with shredded cheese, bacon bits, and ranch seasoning for fully loaded wedges.
- Southwest Style: Make them Southwest style with taco seasoning and finished with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.
- Make Them Spicy: Give them a spicy kick with cayenne and paprika.
- Italian Version: Season with Italian herbs and top with parmesan.
- Breakfast Style: For breakfast, season with onion, garlic, paprika, and black pepper and serve with fried eggs.
👨👩👧 Serving Suggestions
These versatile crispy potato wedges pair well with just about anything! Here are some of my favorites:
- Dip into ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
- As the perfect side dish for hamburgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, fish sticks, or fish tacos!
- On an appetizer platter, chicken wings or nuggets, and your favorite dipping sauce.
- Eggs and breakfast foods like waffles or pancakes.
- As a great side dish for baked beans, coleslaw, or mac and cheese.
And, of course, serve with all the best dipping sauces like ranch, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, buffalo, blue cheese, ketchup, garlic aioli, etc. The possibilities are endless!
An Air Fryer: This frozen potato wedges in air fryer recipe has been tested using two air fryer models:
- Instant Vortex Plus 6-Quart Air Fryer Oven. This air fryer has a useful viewing window that allows you to monitor the food as it cooks. This model always cooks food a bit quicker than my Cosori model, so reduce the cooking time as needed.
- Cosori Max XL Large Cooker. It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts which is quite large. The basket is smaller than my Instant Pot model but has very good hot air circulation.
Whatever air fryer model you have, test the heat with an oven thermometer to see if your air fryer runs hotter or cooler than others. All air fryers are different so results will vary!
🍶 Storing Leftovers and Reheating
In the Refrigerator: If you have any leftover potato wedges, store them right to enjoy them later! Allow the wedges to cool a little bit to room temperature. Leftover air fried potato wedges will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the air fryer or regular oven until hot and crispy, for about 3-5 minutes.
Freezing: I wouldn't recommend freezing any leftover wedges, rather make the amount you need and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
👨🏻🍳 Top Tips!
- Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket - cook in batches for perfectly crispy wedges.
- Give the basket a shake midway through cooking time to promote browning on all sides.
- Toss the wedges in some cornstarch before seasoning and air frying for added crispiness.
- Time can vary based on the size of your air fryer, so keep an eye on them.
- If you want to make cooked potato wedges in the oven, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake the wedges at 400°F (200 C) for 25 - 30 minutes until crisp.
- Let me know if you try this air fryer frozen potato wedges recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! I love hearing your feedback. And don't forget to pin this handy recipe for later. Enjoy!
📒 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges
- 1 Bag Frozen Potato Wedges whatever your local grocery store has will work perfectly!
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
Optional Seasonings (to taste)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Add the frozen potato wedges to a large bowl and spray with a little oil. Toss to coat the wedges with the oil, this helps the seasonings stick and gives a nice crispy texture. Add any optional seasoning you would like at this stage and toss to coat.
- Add the seasoned potato wedges to the basket of the air fryer in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Air fry potato wedges at 400°F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy, shaking the basket halfway through cook time for even cooking. I added a spray of extra oil when shaking the wedges, this made the seasoned potatoes wedges even crisper.
- Remove the crispy air fryer potato wedges from the basket and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces!
- Allow cooked wedges to cool before storing leftovers
- Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for 3-5 days
- Reheat leftovers in air fryer or oven until hot and crispy
- Don't recommend freezing cooked wedges
- Only make amount needed and refrigerate leftovers
- Don't overcrowd air fryer basket, cook in batches
- Shake basket halfway through cooking
- Toss in cornstarch for extra crispiness
- Cook time varies by air fryer size, keep eye on wedges
- Can bake wedges in oven at 400°F for 25-30 mins
This recipe was tested with these air fryers: