Juicy and well seasoned air fryer pork tenderloin ready in under 30 minutes! Air frying is really one of the best ways to prepare pork tenderloin!
Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat - it's a lean meat that cooks beautifully any way you try it! But making pork tenderloin in the air fryer is the best way by far to prepare this cut of meat!
I love this recipe because:
- It's ready in under 30 minutes!
- Perfectly cooked and slightly crispy pork tenderloin that's full of flavor!
- It's the perfect main dish for lunch or dinner, paired with some great veggie sides.
Check out The BEST Air Fryer Bacon recipe! I recently made bacon in the air fryer and I couldn't believe how amazing it came out!
I really love making all types of meats in the air fryer, they always come out perfectly cooked, slightly crispy on the outside and full of flavor and juicy on the inside! Try my Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks and my Air Fryer Chicken Thighs recipe for more easy main dish recipes!
Making the pork tenderloin really pop with flavor is all about the simple marinade. The acidity of the vinegar really brings out the flavor of the meat while the garlic, herbs and mustard add a bunch of flavor that compliment the meat really well!
You can also try out new seasonings with this air fryer pork tenderloin, see my variation suggestions below for some ideas!
To make pork tenderloin in the air fryer, you'll need:
- Pork tenderloin
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
See recipe card for precise quantities and instructions.
It takes only a couple of minutes to prepare and marinate the pork tenderloin before air frying, then the pork gets cooked in the air fryer for 20 - 22 minutes. Perfectly cooked, juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin - ready in under 30 minutes!
While the air fryer preheats, mix together the ingredients for the pork tenderloin marinade.
Brush the pork tenderloin with the marinade evenly on all sides.
Place the marinated pork tenderloin in the air fryer basket and air fry for 20 minutes at 400 °F (200 °C).
Remove the tenderloin from the air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing
Check the tenderloin with a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be a minimum of 145 °F (63°C).
Serve with your sides of choice!
Hint: Pork tenderloins do vary in size from 1 ¼ lbs. to 2 lbs. so if your pork tenderloin is closer to 2 lbs. then air fry it for a couple minutes longer. Checking with the meat thermometer will accurately say when the meat is done at 145 °F (63 °C).
How long to cook pork tenderloin in air fryer?
Air fry the marinated pork tenderloin for a total of 20 - 22 minutes. The time does depend on the thickness of your tenderloin, so check the meat in the last couple minutes of cooking.
400 °F (200 °C) is the best temperature for cooking pork tenderloin in the air fryer. It's very hot so the meat cooks quickly and doesn't dry out.
Air frying pork tenderloin is a great way to keep the meat juicy but well cooked.
These are important to consider when making sure your pork tenderloin doesn't dry out when cooking:
- The marinade also adds moisture and keeps the meat from drying out
- The air fryer seals in the juices in that small space so the meat doesn't dry out at all.
- Resting the tenderloin after cooking is important to keep the meat juicy
- Use a meat thermometer! This ensures the meat doesn't overcook and dry out.
Yes! When slicing the pork tenderloin you might notice a bit of pinkness at the centre and wonder if the meat is done cooking. If you have measured the meat when cooking and it reached 145 °F (63 °C), the meat is 100% perfectly cooked!
A touch of pink at the centre means your pork is perfectly cooked and not dried out at all.
🥗 What can I serve with Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin isn't usually served alone, so try it with some of my favorite vegetable sides! Serve with my Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Skin and green beans, or try out more veggie side dishes like:
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob in Foil,
- Sweet Potato Wedges and
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan!
- For a creamy and filling side, try out this 15 minute Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe!
Here are some substitutions suggestions that you can use based on what you have in your pantry:
- Pork loin and tenderloin - make sure to use pork tenderloin for this recipe, not pork loin. Pork tenderloin is a long cut of meat that is thinner than pork loin.
- Oils you can use - you can use avocado oil, canola oil or peanut oil for this recipe as they all work well in an air fryer. Avoid using aerosol spray oils and only use oil sprayers as aerosol oils can damage your air fryer.
- Low-sodium - pork tenderloin is already low carb and low fat so you can make it even healthier and low sodium too by decreasing the amount of salt or omitting it entirely.
Pork tenderloin is such a versatile ingredient that can be seasoned and flavored in so many different ways! If you want to make this recipe your own or spice it up after making it a few times, here are some variation ideas!
- Spicy - add a teaspoon or two of cayenne pepper or chili powder to add some spice to the pork tenderloin!
- Pulled Pork Tenderloin with Taco Seasoning - when cooled this pork shreds quite nicely and can be used in tacos and burritos. You can then use taco seasoning to make the pork tenderloin taco flavored!
- Sweeter marinade - add some brown sugar or maple syrup (about 1 tablespoon) to the marinade for a sweeter marinade. The sugars will caramelize in the air fryer and add a delicious sweetness to the pork.
- BBQ sauce marinade - if you have some BBQ sauce you can also use that as a very simple marinade for this pork and make it your own too! You can add some of the seasonings from this recipe to the BBQ sauce as well.
This recipe has been developed and tested using a Cosori Max XL Large Cooker. It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts.
I love making quick lunch and dinner recipes in the air fryer - it uses so little oil and all the food comes out crispy and delicious every time! Cleaning up is a breeze, and I can stick it in the dishwasher too!
Store leftover cooked pork tenderloin in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven or air fryer before serving!
You can also freeze your leftover pork tenderloin in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw to room temperature then reheat in the air fryer or oven before serving.
❗️ Helpful Tips
- Preparing the Pork: Some pork tenderloins come with a tough, thin silvery layer membrane. This should be removed using a sharp knife before seasoning the pork.
- Marinading the meat: Getting an even layer of marinade all over the meat ensures the moisture is trapped inside the pork and keeps the pork juicy while cooking.
- Meat Thermometer: Use a meat thermometer to get the pork to the perfect cooked temperature as it is the best way to ensure your pork is perfectly cooked. Pork tenderloin is a lean meat and can overcook and dry out easily if not checked on.
- Resting pork after cooking: Allow the pork to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving to make the meat juicier!
Pork Tenderloin in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ lb. Pork tenderloin excess fat and silverskin removed
- ½ tsp. Sea salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Paprika (Sweet or Smoked)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 °F (200 °C) for 5 minutes. Cut your pork tenderloin in half if needed to fit inside your air fryer. Use a sharp knife to remove any excess fat or sliverskin on the pork.1 ¼ - 1 ½ lb. Pork tenderloin
- While the air fryer preheats, mix together the ingredients for the pork tenderloin marinade.½ tsp. Sea salt, ½ tsp. Black pepper, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp. Olive oil, 2 Cloves Garlic, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. Paprika (Sweet or Smoked)
- Brush the pork tenderloin with the marinade on all sides.1 ¼ - 1 ½ lb. Pork tenderloin
- Place the marinated pork tenderloin in the air fryer basket and air fry for 20 minutes at 400 °F (200 °C). Check the tenderloin with a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be a minimum of 145 °F (63°C). The meat is done at this temperature.
- Remove the tenderloin from the air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving with your sides of choice.