These air fryer sweet potato wedges are perfectly seasoned and sweet to bite into! Tender and fluffy on the inside and ready in 30 minutes. Using your air fryer uses less oil and is quicker than other methods!
These seasoned sweet potato wedges are fluffy and tender on the inside and are the perfect light lunch, side dish, appetizer or snack.
For another potato recipe, why not try my Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Skin recipe?
For more super easy vegetable sides, try my French Fries in the Air Fryer recipe and my Air Fryer Corn on the Cob in Foil recipe. These sweet potato wedges are a perfect side dish for my Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks or my Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
With some pantry staples and seasonings, you'll have these sweet potato wedges ready in no time.
You can also try out new seasonings with this air fryer sweet potato wedges recipe, see my variation suggestions below for some ideas!
To make these air fryer sweet potato wedges, you'll need:
- Sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Dried rosemary
- Dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
See the recipe card for precise quantities and instructions.
📖 How to Make Sweet Potato Wedges?
It takes only a couple of minutes to prepare the sweet potato wedges for air frying, then they get cooked in the air fryer for another 25 - 30 minutes. Perfectly cooked and tender sweet potato wedges - ready in 30 minutes!
Step 1: Carefully cut off the ends of the sweet potatoes and then cut them in half vertically. Lay the half on its side and then slice it into thick wedges.
Step 2: Place the wedges into a bowl along with olive oil and seasonings. Mix well until the wedges are well coated.
Step 3: Preheat your air fryer to 390 °F (200 °C) for 5 minutes. Place the seasoned wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Step 4: Air fry the wedges at 390 °F (200 °C) for 25 - 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Air fry the wedges until the edges start to crisp and brown.
Step 5: Allow the wedges to cool slightly before serving with your preferred dipping sauce!
Hint: Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 °F (200 °C) before air frying your wedges. The preheating makes your wedges crispier!
390 °F (200 °C) is the best temperature for air fryer sweet potato wedges. It's hot and the wedges will cook quickly without burning on the outside.
Air fry for a total of 25 - 30 minutes for fully cooked, fluffy and seasoned sweet potato wedges.
Air frying cooking times vary and depend on several factors such as your location, altitude, and air fryer make and model, among others.
Sweet potatoes are naturally high in starch and have a high moisture content so it's difficult to make them crisp up. Thick wedges like this are more fluffy and tender than crispy. But, if you want to make crispier wedges, check out my tips below!
Yes, you can make sweet potato wedges up to 2 days in advance. You can chop the sweet potatoes into wedges and then store them raw in sealed containers or bags in the refrigerator until needed.
🍠 How to Make My Sweet Potato Wedges Crispy?
These sweet potato wedges are less crispy and more sweet and tender. But you can easily make a more crispy version of these wedges!
To make your sweet potato wedges more crispy:
- Soak the cut wedges in cold water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then drain and pat very dry with paper towels.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch when adding the seasonings and mix well.
- Remember to preheat your air fryer and also make sure there is enough space between the wedges.
I cut out the soaking time for the wedges and get my sweet potato wedges on the table faster instead!
Here are some suggestions for substitutions based on what you have in your pantry:
- Different oils - you can use canola oil, avocado oil, and olive oil for this recipe. They all work well in this recipe in the air fryer as they have high smoke points.
- Vegan - omit the parmesan cheese to make this recipe vegan.
Seasoning variations - there are so many spices, herbs, and other seasonings to use for this recipe! Here are some of our favorites you can try out:
- Cumin and ground coriander
- Brown sugar and cinnamon for wedges with a sweet crunch
- Taco seasoning for a spicy version of these wedges
Sweet potato is such a versatile ingredient that can be seasoned and flavored in many different ways! If you want to make this recipe your own or spice it up after making it a few times, here are some variation ideas!
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges - add a ½ teaspoon of chili pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or chili powder to the wedges for a spicy kick!
- Cheesy wedges! - after air frying the wedges, open the air fryer and sprinkle over some shredded cheddar cheese. Close the air fryer and leave it off for 5 minutes for the cheese to melt with the warmth.
- Kid-friendly - cut the wedges slightly smaller to make them easier to eat!
This recipe has been developed and tested using a Cosori Max XL Large Cooker. It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts.
I love making quick lunch and dinner recipes in the air fryer - it uses so little oil and all the food comes out crispy and delicious every time! Cleaning up is a breeze, and I can stick it in the dishwasher too!
Store any leftover wedges in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat quickly in the microwave or in the air fryer at 380 °F (180 °C) for 10 minutes.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing.
Keep the wedges in a single layer as best you can when first air frying them. Also, after shaking them halfway through, make sure they are in a rough single layer again.
Overcrowding your air fryer basket makes the food take longer to air fry and the food generally comes out less crispy. Rather make the wedges in two batches if you need to make a lot at a time.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer
- 3 medium Sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 ½ Tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. Dried rosemary
- 1 Tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 Tsp. Sea salt
- ½ Tsp. Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Carefully cut off the ends of the sweet potatoes and then cut them in half vertically. Lay the half on its side and then slice it into thick wedges.3 medium Sweet potatoes
- Place the wedges into a bowl along with olive oil and seasonings. Mix well until the wedges are well coated.2 Tbsp. Olive oil, 1 Tbsp. Paprika, 1 ½ Tsp. Garlic powder, 1 Tsp. Dried rosemary, 1 Tsp. Dried oregano, 1 Tsp. Sea salt, ½ Tsp. Black pepper, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 °F (200 °C) for 5 minutes. Place the seasoned wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the wedges at 390 °F (200 °C) for 25 - 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Air fry the wedges until the edges start to crisp and brown.
- Allow the wedges to cool slightly before serving with your preferred dipping sauce!