Making frozen egg rolls in an air fryer is the absolute best way to make them! Super quick and easy, delicious and crispy egg rolls ready in just 10 minutes! Perfect as a snack or appetizer!
There is no better way to make frozen egg rolls than in the air fryer! They're ready in just 10 minutes and they always come out crispy and ready for some sweet chili sauce! Plus, cleaning up is always quick and easy with an air fryer!
I love making quick and easy meals and side dishes in my air fryer! If you want more air fryer recipes, why not try my Air Fryer Portobello Mushrooms or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges? They're great for getting vegetable sides ready for dinner in no time!
Making corn in the air fryer is also the absolute best way to make corn ever! Check out my Air Fryer Corn on the Cobs in Foil recipe for all the tips and tricks for the best corn ever!
You just need your preferred brand and amount of frozen egg rolls, oil, and some sesame seeds. These come together to make a crunchy, crispy egg roll in the air fryer in no time!
To make frozen egg rolls in the air fryer, you'll need:
- Preferred frozen egg rolls, still frozen, no need to thaw beforehand!
- Oil with a high smoking point: canola, olive, and avocado all work well in the air fryer.
- White sesame seeds are an optional ingredient but they add a delicious crunch!
See the recipe card for precise quantities and instructions.
It takes only a couple of minutes to brush the egg rolls with oil and sprinkle them with sesame seeds, then they get cooked in the air fryer for just 8 minutes. Perfectly crispy and flavorful egg rolls - ready in 10 minutes!
Brush the frozen egg rolls with an even layer of oil or use a oil spray bottle to spray them with oil. Then sprinkle over the optional sesame seeds.
Place the egg rolls into the air fryer basket into an even layer with small spaces between each egg roll. Fit in as many egg rolls as you can with space around them and save the rest for a second batch.
Air fry the egg rolls for 4 minutes at 400 °F (200 °C). Then flip and air fry for another 4 minutes. Depending on the brand of egg roll, if they are thicker, air fry for 1-2 minutes longer.
Once the egg rolls are done, allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving with sweet chilli dipping sauce or any sauce you prefer!
Hint: brushing or spraying the egg rolls with your preferred oil is the best way to ensure they get coated evenly with oil. Air-fried foods need a lot less oil to get crispy so make sure the egg rolls are evenly coated with a thin layer of oil to get them super crispy!
Frozen egg rolls only need 8 - 10 minutes to be cooked in the air fryer. Air fry egg rolls at 400 °F (200 °C) for 8 - 10 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure even cooking and crispiness.
Air frying frozen egg rolls is the best way to make them! No need to preheat your whole oven and they're ready to eat in just 10 minutes. Egg rolls in the air fryer always come out perfectly crispy on the outside. Plus, cleanup is always super easy with an air fryer!
Here are some substitution suggestions that you can use based on what you have in your pantry!
- Oils you can use - you can use olive oil, avocado oil, or vegetable oil for this recipe.
- Sesame seeds - use white or black sesame seeds to add extra crunch to your egg rolls!
- Vegan - make your own vegan egg rolls or use a premade frozen vegan version to make this recipe vegan-friendly!
If you're looking for a homemade recipe for egg rolls to make them in your air fryer too, check out this recipe for homemade crispy air fryer egg rolls from The Recipe Critic.
This recipe has been developed and tested using a Cosori Max XL Large Cooker. It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts.
I love making quick lunch and dinner recipes in the air fryer - it uses so little oil and all the food comes out crispy and delicious every time! Cleaning up is a breeze, and I can stick it in the dishwasher too!
Making egg rolls in the air fryer is the best way to make them! Super quick and easy and the clean up afterwards is a breeze!
Store any leftover egg rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat them in the oven, microwave or air fryer for a few minutes and serve.
It's not recommended to refreeze these egg rolls after they have been cooked. They do not stand up well to refreezing. I recommend making the amount you need each time to minimize waste.
❗️ Top tips
- For the crispiest egg rolls, make sure to brush or spray a thin, even layer of oil over the egg rolls. Air-fried foods need a lot less oil than deep-fried foods so a thin layer will do!
- Lay the egg rolls in a single layer in your air fryer leaving small gaps between each egg roll. Make a second batch of egg rolls to avoid overcrowding. Frozen egg rolls won't cook evenly in the air fryer if not in a single layer.
- There is no need to thaw the egg rolls before making this recipe! Cook from frozen for best results!
Frozen Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 packet Frozen egg rolls use any brand you prefer and the amount that will fit into your air fryer
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil avocado and vegetable oil also work well
- 1 Tbsp. White sesame seeds optional
- No need to preheat your air fryer for this recipe.
- Brush the frozen egg rolls with an even layer of oil or use a oil spray bottle to spray them with oil. Then sprinkle over the optional sesame seeds.1 packet Frozen egg rolls, 1 Tbsp. Olive oil, 1 Tbsp. White sesame seeds
- Place the egg rolls into the air fryer basket into an even layer with small spaces between each egg roll. Fit in as many egg rolls as you can with space around them and save the rest for a second batch.
- Air fry the egg rolls for 4 minutes at 400 °F (200 °C). Then flip and air fry for another 4 minutes. Depending on the brand of egg roll, if they are thicker, air fry for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Once the egg rolls are done, allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving with sweet chilli dipping sauce or any sauce you prefer!
🍳 Related Recipes
- How to Make Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob in Foil
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos Recipe