Satisfy your pizza cravings without spending hours making traditional pizza. With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of cooking time, you can quickly whip up these delicious air fryer tortilla pizzas.
Make pizza night easy with this deliciously crispy air fryer tortilla pizza recipe! With just 4 simple ingredients, you can have piping hot, cheesy pizza on the table in under 10 minutes.
This has quickly become one of my favorite air fryer recipes! Pizza is my favorite food, and this is the easiest way to get my quick pizza fix!
Making pizza doesn't get much easier than this air fryer pizza tortilla recipe. You only need a store-bought flour or low carb tortilla, shredded mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, and your favorite toppings to create a quick thin-crust pizza.
In just 3 minutes at 400 degrees F in the air fryer, the tortilla becomes a crispy crust for all that delicious melted cheese and toppings.
That's why this easy air fryer tortilla pizza has become one of my go-to's for a quick pizza treat.
With minimal time and effort, you can enjoy homemade pizza from your air fryer any night of the week. Kids and adults alike will love the crisp tortilla crust and melty cheese.
Whip up a batch of these air fryer tortilla pizzas the next time pizza night comes around.
If you have frozen pizzas, check out how to make Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer!
- 📋 Why You'll Love This Recipe!
- 🍕 Ingredients
- ✔️ Ingredient Substitutions
- 📖 How to Make Tortilla Pizza in Air Fryer
- Step 1: Preheat Air Fryer
- Step 2: Assemble Tortilla Pizza
- Step 3: Add to Air Fryer
- Step 4: Air Fry Tortilla Pizza
- Step 5. Enjoy Your Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza!
- 🥘 Variations
- 🧂Serving Suggestions
- ⏲ Equipment
- 🍶 Storage
- 🙋🏻♂️ FAQs
- 👨🏻🍳 Top tips
- 📒 Recipe Card
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 🍳 More Air Fryer Recipes!
📋 Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Air fryer tortilla pizza is my new favorite because:
- It comes together with just 4 simple ingredients you probably have on hand.
- The air fryer makes a crispy, delicious crust without needing to heat up the oven.
- It takes just 5-10 minutes from start to finish - so much faster than typical pizza recipes.
- Endless topping options mean you can customize it just the way you like!
- It satisfies any pizza craving in a quick and healthier way!
Air fryer tortilla pizza couldn't be easier to make, with just 4 simple ingredients. The following ingredients are all you need to make a quick air fryer pizza:
- Flour Tortilla: A flour tortilla forms the crispy, thin crust for this pizza. I prefer to use a standard size 8-inch flour tortilla, which perfectly fits in most air fryer baskets. Flour tortillas work better than corn here since they have more structure and won't fall apart. This is the perfect replacement for pizza dough as it perfectly replicates thin crust pizza without any hassle!
- Pizza or Marinara Sauce: What is pizza without sauce? You can use your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce here. I typically use a half cup of store-bought pizza sauce, but you can also make your own quick marinara with tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Shredded Mozzarella: For that essential melted, cheesy layer, shredded mozzarella is key. I use about ½ cup, which covers the tortilla nicely. Grated Parmesan can also be sprinkled on top for extra flavor!
- Pepperoni: Of course, we can't forget the pepperoni! Mini pepperoni slices are perfect for topping this pizza before air frying. Other pizza toppings like sausage, bacon, peppers, and onions, work great too.
See the recipe card for quantities and instructions.
✔️ Ingredient Substitutions
The basic ingredients for air fryer tortilla pizza are quite flexible and can be swapped out for what you have on hand:
- Tortillas: Flour, whole wheat, low-carb tortillas, or even corn tortillas will work. The lower carb options will just be more prone to cracking. You can also use your preferred brand of gluten-free tortillas. Whether you use homemade or store-bought tortillas, this recipe will still work perfectly!
- Sauce: Any pizza sauce, marinara, or even barbecue sauce makes a tasty base in a pinch.
- Cheese: Any variety of shredded cheese will melt nicely, so use your favorite or what you have on hand. I have even tried this recipe with dollops of ricotta cheese and it came out perfectly! Add some parmesan cheese for some extra cheesy flavor!
- Toppings: Get creative with toppings! Try spinach, mushrooms, peppers, pineapple, etc. I made a pepperoni pizza, but you can really make anything! Just make sure not to add too many toppings.
📖 How to Make Tortilla Pizza in Air Fryer
With just 4 ingredients and a few simple steps, these air fryer tortilla pizzas come together in minutes.
Here is a quick overview of what you'll do:
- Preheat Air Fryer
- Assemble Tortilla Pizza
- Air Fry 3 Minutes
- Slice and Serve
Now let's get into the full, step-by-step method:
Step 1: Preheat Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. This high heat will give that crispy tortilla crust.
Step 2: Assemble Tortilla Pizza
Lay out your flour tortilla on a flat work surface or large plate. Spread 2-3 tablespoon pizza sauce evenly over tortilla, leaving a small border.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sauce, also leaving a small border.
Top with pepperoni slices and any other preferred toppings. Gently press the pepperoni slices into the cheese to prevent them from flying around the air fryer.
Step 3: Add to Air Fryer
Carefully place the assembled tortilla pizza into the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Step 4: Air Fry Tortilla Pizza
Air fry at 400°F for 3 minutes, checking halfway through cooking. The outer edges of the tortilla will start to brown and crisp up.
Remove from the air fryer with a spatula. The edges of the pizza will be crispy, and the center will be softer.
Step 5. Enjoy Your Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza!
After air frying, the pizza will have hot, melty cheese and a crispy crust. Let cool briefly before slicing and serving.
Sprinkle over some red pepper flakes for some spice, or add some fresh basil leaves for that classic pizza flavor! Dig into this quick and delicious pizza!
The best part about having a pizza party is that you can make your own pizza with your favorite pizza toppings! With countless possible toppings, the variations are endless for air fryer tortilla pizza! Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Meat Lovers: Transform this easy pizza recipe into a meat lover's dream by piling on the toppings! Start with pepperoni, Italian sausage, bacon crumbles, and shredded chicken on your tortilla base. Add a dash of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes for extra flavor.
- Supreme Pizza: Top with pepperoni, Italian sausage, green bell peppers, onions, black olives, and mushrooms for a supreme pizza taste.
- Hawaiian: Make a Hawaiian pizza with ham or bacon, pineapple, and shredded mozzarella.
- BBQ Chicken: Use bbq sauce as the base, along with shredded chicken, red onions, and cheddar cheese for a bbq chicken pizza.
- Greek Pizza: Top your tortilla pizza with a spinach artichoke spread, feta cheese, tomatoes, kalamata olives, and red onion for a Greek pizza.
- Breakfast Pizza: For breakfast, top your pizza with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, and crispy potatoes.
- Margherita: Keep it simple but delicious with fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced tomatoes, basil leaves, and marinara sauce.
- Mexican Pizza: Make a Mexican pizza with refried beans, taco meat, Monterey jack cheese, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips.
While air fryer tortilla pizza is great on its own, here are some delicious sides to serve it with:
- Salad: A fresh green salad or spinach salad pairs nicely.
- Garlic Bread: Quick Air Fryer Garlic Bread is perfect alongside.
- Veggies: Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, cauliflower, or Instant Pot Asparagus complement the pizza.
- Chips and Salsa: For dipping that crust in! Tortilla chips, guacamole, and salsa work great.
- Soup: A nice serving of tomato soup makes it a complete meal!
These air fryer tortilla pizzas are so simple to make and taste absolutely delicious. The best thing is that they cook entirely in the air fryer, so you don't have to use your oven or any other appliances. A quick wipe and my air fryer was good to go again!
I used two popular air fryers to test this recipe:
- Instant Vortex Plus 6-Quart Air Fryer Oven. This air fryer has a useful viewing window that allows you to monitor the food as it cooks, which was great for making sure the pepperoni wasn't flying around the air fryer.
- Cosori Max XL Large Cooker: It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts, which is quite large! The basket is slightly smaller than my Instant Pot model but has very good hot air circulation.
Leftover air-fried tortilla pizza will keep well:
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheat directly in the air fryer from refrigerated until hot for 1-2 minutes.
I wouldn't recommend freezing any leftovers, but you can freeze the assembled pizzas and then make them in the air fryer for a quick lunch or snack!
- Freeze the assembled raw pizzas in zip-top bag for 1-2 months. Add 1-2 minutes to the cooking time when air frying from frozen.
Flour tortillas hold up the best. Corn tortillas are also a good substitute. Lower carb or whole-wheat tortillas can also work but may be more prone to cracking.
It is not neccesary, but lightly misting the assembled tortilla pizza with olive oil spray helps promote even browning and a crispy crust. I found that no oil was needed as the cheese and pepperoni had some grease come out during air frying.
In most air fryers, these pizzas take around 3 minutes at 400°F. Watch closely, as all air fryer times can vary. Even a couple of extra minutes can burn your air fryer tortilla pizza!
Yes! Assemble them in advance and store uncooked tortilla pizzas in a zip top bag in the fridge for 2-3 days before air frying.
Simply omit the pepperoni and replace it with your favorite veggie toppings like mushrooms, peppers, or spinach.
👨🏻🍳 Top tips
- Leave a small border around the tortilla free of sauce and cheese, which will crisp up and make the pizza easier to hold.
- Cook at 400°F for the ideal crispiness without burning the toppings. Adjust time if needed for your air fryer.
- Let the cooked pizza rest 1-2 minutes before slicing to allow the cheese to set.
- Brush the crust with olive oil or garlic butter after air frying for extra flavor.
- Re-heat leftover tortilla pizza in 30 second intervals in the air fryer to revive it and melt the cheese again.
- Make individual mini pizzas with small 4-inch tortillas!
📒 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 1 flour tortilla
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 7 slices pepperoni
- Preheat air fryer to the highest temperature possible. My air fryer's highest temperature is 205°C (400°F).
- Lay the tortilla on flat work surface. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce over the tortilla, leaving a small gap between the edge of the tortilla and the sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over the tortilla, also leaving a small gap between the edge of the sauce and the cheese.1 flour tortilla, ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup pizza or marinara sauce, 7 slices pepperoni
- Arrange pepperoni slices on top of the cheese and gently press them into the cheese. This makes sure the pepperoni slices don't fly around in the air fryer.
- Carefully place the assembled tortilla pizza into the air fryer basket. Air fry for 3 minutes, checking halfway through.
- Remove the tortilla pizza with a spatula when the cheese is melted, and edges are slightly browned and crispy.
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Use 8-inch flour tortillas
- Leave 1⁄2 inch border for crispiness
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F
- Cook 3 minutes, check halfway
- Top with desired toppings
- Let cool 1-2 minutes before slicing
- Store leftovers in airtight container
This recipe was tested with these air fryers: