You can make this simple side in minutes with just a loaf of frozen garlic bread you probably already have. Enjoy restaurant-quality garlic bread from home anytime with this air fryer frozen garlic bread recipe!
Searching for an easy air fryer garlic bread recipe? Crisp up frozen garlic bread in just 6-8 minutes using your air fryer. This no-fuss texas toast garlic bread recipe uses handy ingredients for a perfect side dish or quick snack anytime. This is a great shortcut to getting dinner on the table with this delicious side dish! Use any of your favorite brands of frozen garlic bread!
Want to try this easy air fryer recipe in your Ninja Foodi or another basket-style air fryer? Just follow the simple instructions below for deliciously cheesy garlic bread ready in almost no time.
Keep reading for tips on making the best homemade garlic bread right from your freezer. Plus storage, variations, and more using this fast air fryer method. If you make this for your next meal and enjoyed our recipe, give us a 5-star rating!
🧈 Why This Recipe Works:
What makes this air fryer method for making garlic bread so good?
- Ready in just 6-8 minutes1
- It only requires 1 handy ingredient.
- Air fryer crisps up the outside, and foil steams inside perfectly!
- Way faster, easier, and healthier than takeout!
- Kids and adults all love cheesy garlic bread!
Cooking up this easy side dish only requires the following ingredients:
- 1 loaf of frozen garlic bread, still in foil packaging
You can also use garlic bread that isn't covered in foil. If you have foil, cover the garlic bread before air frying. The foil pouch helps steam the garlic bread and keep it soft and fluffy. If you don't have foil, allow the garlic bread to thaw before air frying so it doesn't dry out with a long cook time.
Look for frozen texas toast garlic bread or other thick slices of bread with garlic butter from brands like Pepperidge Farm. The garlic bread can usually be found in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
Choosing a favorite brand like New York Bakery or one with lots of cheese will ensure the best results. The foil packaging is key for steaming the bread inside to perfection.
Follow these effortless steps for crispy garlic bread in less time:
Preheat Air Fryer: Set your air fryer temperature to 350°F and allow to preheat which takes just 2-3 minutes.
Add to Air Fryer: Keep frozen garlic bread in original foil packaging do not open or remove. Place the foil pouch directly into the air fryer basket.
Air Fry & Flip: Set the timer for 6-8 minutes and cook at 350 degrees °F. At the 3-4 minute mark, open the air fryer and use tongs to flip pouch over. Close air fryer and cook 3-4 more minutes until top is browned.
Checking: Check frequently and cook longer if needed based on your model.
Cool & Serve: When the top of the bread is golden brown, remove foil pouch using tongs. Add some extra time to make the garlic bread extra crispy if desired! Carefully open hot foil and let steam release slowly.
Serve & Enjoy: Transfer garlic bread slices immediately to plate or basket. Enjoy! Garnish with some parmesan cheese if desired.
Nope! The foil pockets steam to keep the bread moist inside. No need to spray.
Cook at 350°F for the entire 6-8 minutes.
You can still air fry thawed bread but reduce time by 1-2 minutes.
Yes but don't overcrowd. Work in batches for best and even cooking results. If using mini garlic bread loaves you can do multiple loaves at once.
Check frequently once top of the garlic bread is browned. Bread should be hot to the center when done.
Yes! Reheat leftover garlic bread at 300°F for 2-3 minutes to warm through.
Personalize this quick side with different flavors:
- Pizza Garlic Bread: Top garlic bread slices with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese, then cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Cheese Bread: Make it cheesy bread with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese added on top.
- Herb Garlic Bread: Brush the garlic bread with olive oil or use an olive oil spray, and add some fresh herbs or Italian seasoning. Add some fresh garlic or a sprinkle of garlic powder for extra flavor!
- Cheesy Garlic Bread: Remove foil, add shredded mozzarella, and bake for 2-3 more minutes.
🍴 Serving Suggestions
Enjoy your air fryer garlic bread with all kinds of dishes like:
- Pasta Dishes - Take your pasta dinner to new heights with this air fryer garlic bread. Instant Pot spaghetti with jar sauce, lasagna, Instant Pot mac and cheese, or my 15-Minute Instant Pot Pasta - garlic bread is a great way to beef up any meal.
- Soups - Tomato soup, broccoli cheddar soup, chicken noodle
- Italian - Pasta, pizza, chicken parmesan, ravioli
- Burgers and sandwiches - Cheeseburgers, Philly cheesesteaks
- Holiday meals - Easter dinner, Christmas dinner
It also makes a delicious appetizer or snack on its own!
An Air Fryer: This recipe has been tested using two air fryer models:
- Instant Vortex Plus 6-Quart Air Fryer Oven. This air fryer has a useful viewing window that allows you to monitor the food as it cooks. This model always cooks food a bit quicker than my Cosori model, so reduce the cooking time as needed.
- Cosori Max XL Large Cooker. It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts which is quite large. The basket is smaller than my Instant Pot model but has very good hot air circulation.
To store leftover garlic bread:
- Allow to cool completely and then seal in foil.
- Place in an airtight container or bag and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- I would not recommend refreezing any leftovers. Rather store in the refrigerator.
👨🏻🍳 Top tips
Here are some additional pointers for crispy, golden-brown garlic bread success:
- Garlic bread comes in different sizes. If your garlic bread is too large, cut in half before air frying. Mini garlic loaves work great in most air fryer sizes.
- Let bread steam for 1-2 minutes before opening air fryer.
- Add 1-2 extra minutes to the cooking time if garlic bread is fully frozen.
- If using smaller garlic bread loaves, add them in a single layer to the air fryer basket.
- Use tongs to flip pouch carefully, steam is hot! Allow steam to escape before opening foil.
- Make a second batch of frozen garlic bread to easily double or triple the garlic bread you need.
- Stock up when on sale and freeze bread for later.
- Wrap very tightly in foil then place in freezer bags or airtight containers.
- Thaw overnight in fridge or quickly in microwave to room temperature is a quick way to reduce the cooking time.
- Increasing the cook time is the best way to get the garlic bread to crisp up to your personal preference.
📒 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Frozen Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf frozen garlic bread, still in foil packaging
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 350°F which takes just 2-3 minutes.
- Keep frozen garlic bread in original foil packaging do not open or remove. If using garlic bread without foil, cover with foil if you have. Otherwise thaw the garlic bread to room temperature before air frying to prevent it drying out.
- Place the foil pouch directly into the air fryer basket.
- Set the timer for 6-8 minutes and cook at 350°F.
- At the 3-4 minute mark, open the air fryer and use tongs to flip pouch over.
- Close air fryer and cook 3-4 more minutes until top is browned.
- Check frequently and cook longer if needed based on your model.
- When browned on top, remove foil pouch using tongs.
- Carefully open hot foil and let steam release slowly.
- Transfer garlic bread slices immediately to plate or basket. Enjoy!
- Garlic bread comes in different sizes. Cut large loaves in half or use mini loaves for air fryers.
- Let bread steam 1-2 minutes before opening air fryer.
- Add 1-2 minutes to cook time if frozen.
- Use tongs carefully to flip foil pouch as steam is hot.
- Make a second batch to easily double or triple portions.
- Stock up when on sale and freeze for later.
- Wrap very tightly in foil and freezer bags or containers.
- Thaw overnight in fridge or microwave to reduce cook time.
- Increase cook time for crispier bread based on personal preference.
This recipe was tested with these air fryers: