Making frozen corn dogs in the air fryer is the best way to make them by far! Ready in just 15 minutes, they're the perfect quick snack. Cook from frozen for best results.
Corn dogs, a classic American snack, are made even better in an air fryer! I couldn't believe how perfectly cooked the air fryer made these frozen corn dogs. Light and crispy on the outside and hot on the inside! In just 10 minutes too!
I love making recipes in my air fryer, it really can make some magical dishes. It's healthier than deep frying a lot of foods, is super convenient to use and the food is perfectly crispy every time.
These air fryer corn dogs are ready in under 15 minutes, quicker and easier than oven cooking or deep frying them. You won't make your corn dogs any other way!
Want more easy air fryer snack recipes? Why not try my Air Fryer Corn on the Cob recipe or my recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges?
This recipe couldn't be easier to prepare and make! All you need for this recipe is:
- your preferred brand of frozen corn dogs and
- vegetable oil in an oil spray bottle.
You'll also need your preferred sauces for dipping.
See the recipe card for precise quantities and instructions.
📖 How to Make Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer
It takes only a minute or two to spray the corn dogs with oil before air frying, then the they get air fried for 10 - 12 minutes in total. Perfectly cooked, crispy and golden corn dogs - ready in under 15 minutes!
Remove the corn dogs from their packaging and arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Spray with a couple sprays of oil on one side, then flip the corn dogs over and spray the other side.
Air fry the corn dogs for 380 °F (190 °C) for 8 minutes.
Flip the corn dogs over and air fry for another 2 - 4 minutes until golden, crispy and heated through. Remove the corn dogs from the air fryer with a pair of tongs as they will be very hot and the corn dog sticks will be hot too!
Allow the corn dogs to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving with ketchup, mustard or your favorite dipping sauces!
Hint: If making multiple batches of corn dogs, heat your oven to 250 °F (125 °C). Place cooked corn dogs on a plate in the oven to keep warm while you make the second or third batches.
Ten to twelve minutes is the best time to cook corn dogs in the air fryer. They will heat through evenly and not be too hot to eat once done!
380 °F (190 °C) is the best temperature for air fryer frozen corn dogs. I found 400 °F (200 °C) was too hot and the corn dogs were too cooked on the outside and not heated through to the center.
Yes! Air frying frozen corn dogs is the best way to make them! Perfectly cooked, crispy and golden corn dogs ready in under 15 minutes. Air frying is also much healthier compared to deep frying corn dogs.
You can cook frozen corn dogs in the air fryer, oven or deep fryer. However, air frying corn dogs is the best way to make them! There is no long preheating of the oven and long cooking time. There is also a lot less oil used to make air fryer corn dogs compared to deep frying them.
Here are some substitutions you can make depending on what you have on hand in your pantry:
- Corn dog brands and flavors - Use your favorite brand of frozen corn dogs for this recipe. They can be any flavor of corn dogs, it will not affect the cooking time. If making mini corn dogs, reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
- Different oils you can use - Any vegetable oil should work for this recipe - my favorites to use are canola oil, rapeseed oil, and olive oil. These oils have high smoking points, making them perfect for the air fryer.
If you want to make homemade corn dogs in the air fryer from scratch, check out this recipe from izzycooking.com.
This air fryer corn dogs recipe was developed and tested using my favorite air fryer - the Cosori Max XL Large Cooker! It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts so its basket is very large and can make a lot of food at a time.
I love using my air fryer to make delicious and crispy lunch and dinner recipes. An air fryer uses a very tiny amount of oil and the food comes out crispy and perfect every time!
Another bonus is that cleaning up is so quick and easy with an air fryer! Just pop it in the dishwasher (if dishwasher safe) or give a quick clean with warm soapy water.
Another piece of equipment I find useful for air fryer cooking is an oven thermometer. It can be placed inside the air fryer and measure the temperature very accurately.
Air fryer temperatures vary from model to model so this is a great way to make sure your air fryer is at the correct temperature.
Store any leftover corn dogs in an airtight container once they have cooled to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator and eat within 1-2 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 400 °F (200 °C) for a quick snack!
Once cooked, these corn dogs should not be re-frozen. Make as many as you need at once and consume any leftovers within a day or two from cooking. Corn dogs will not stand up well to freezing again.
❗️ Top tips
- Overcrowding the air fryer: My air fryer can cook 5 corn dogs at one time. Some air fryer baskets are smaller but try to not overcrowd the air fryer basket. The food won't crisp up evenly and will stick together. Make two batches of corn dogs if needed.
- Even layer of oil: Spray the corn dogs with an even layer of vegetable oil using the spray bottle. See recipe notes regarding use of non-stick aerosol sprays in air fryer. Hint, they're not good for your air fryer!
- Turning halfway: Turning the corn dogs halfway through cooking will ensure they crisp up evenly and cook through.
- Reheating the corn dogs: To reheat the corndogs, air fry them at 400 °F (200 °C) for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool: The corn dogs get very hot and hold their heat well so allow for 1-2 minutes to cool before taking a bite!
- Will the sticks burn?: I didn't find this to be the case, any extra batter on the corn dog stick will brown slightly but not burn. The sticks will be hot after cooking so remove the corn dogs with a pair of tongs.
Tried this recipe? Leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and a comment below and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram!
Frozen Corn Dogs in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 - 2 packages Frozen Corn Dogs use as many corn dogs as will comfortably fit in your air fryer, no need to thaw
- Vegetable oil in oil sprayer bottle
- Dipping sauces for serving
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 °F (200 °C).
- Remove the corn dogs from their packaging and arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Spray with a couple sprays of oil on one side, then flip the corn dogs over and spray the other side.1 - 2 packages Frozen Corn Dogs, Vegetable oil in oil sprayer bottle
- Air fry the corn dogs for 380 °F (190 °C) for 8 minutes.
- Flip the corn dogs over and air fry for another 2 - 4 minutes until golden, crispy and heated through. Remove the corn dogs from the air fryer with a pair of tongs as they will be very hot, the sticks of the corn dogs will be hot too!
- Allow the corn dogs to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving with ketchup, mustard or your favorite dipping sauces!Dipping sauces for serving
🍳 Related Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
- How to Make Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer
Leave a Reply