Air fryers are the BEST for heating up frozen and prepared foods! No need to break out the deep-fryer or pre-heat your oven! Your air fryer will transform these frozen foods into golden, crispy perfection with little to no oil.
You can air fry pretty much anything frozen that's usually fried or baked. It doesn’t get more convenient!
When it comes to frying food that has been frozen, the air fryer is one of the best kitchen appliances. Without needing to thaw first, it perfectly crisps up foods like frozen french fries, nuggets, chicken wings, and more!
Frozen foods for the air fryer can be spiced up by using your favorite spices, sauces, or dressings.
🧑🍳 Top Tips for Air Frying Frozen Foods!
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, cooking times will vary slightly. Smaller air fryers cook food faster than larger ones.
- When you're using an oven-style air fryer, remember that the top rack closest to the heating element will cook food faster. Cooking on the lower racks will take a bit longer and result in less crispy food. To get the best results try to cook food on the middle rack.
- To ensure foods crisp up evenly, do not overcrowd your air fryer.
- Preheat your air-fryer when a recipe calls for it. Pre-heating gives an extra crispy result. If your air fryer does not have a pre-heat function simply set the air fryer to the temperate the recipe calls for, for 3 - 5 minutes before placing the food in the air fryer.
- No need for thawing! Cook directly from frozen for best results.
- Shake the basket halfway through the cooking process or turn the food over with a pair of tongs. This will ensure that everything crisps and browns evenly.
- Do not use aerosol sprays in your air fryer, they damage the non-stick coating. Instead, use a refillable spray bottle with your oil of choice, I like avocado oil as it has a high smoking point.
My freezer is always stocked up with frozen foods. I like buying in bulk and taking advantage of sales. This ultimate guide covers everything so you can cook almost every frozen food in the air fryer.
Air fryer frozen vegetables, appetizers, meats, chicken, fish, and desserts are included in this list.
Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
French fries are vegetables, there is no debate! According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, batter-coated french fries are considered a fresh vegetable.
Air Fryer Frozen Fish, Meats and Poultry
Vegans look away for a bit, the next section is all about air fryer fish, meat and chicken recipes.
Air Fryer Frozen Prepared Foods & Appetizers
Your favorite frozen prepared treats, crispier than ever. No need to preheat your oven or bust out the deep fryer!
Air Fryer Frozen Sweets and Treats
Satisfy your sweet tooth in no time with these convenient frozen treats made even quicker in your air fryer.