Making bacon in an air fryer is simply the best way to make bacon EVER! Seriously! It takes half the time and is much healthier too. Perfect crispy bacon every time and cleanup is a breeze!
Air fryer bacon is THE BEST, hands down! It takes half the time to cook compared to oven or pan frying and is healthier too! Cleaning up is also no problem at all with the air fryer.
It's the best way to make bacon for breakfast, add some fried eggs and toast and you have a classic breakfast ready in a flash!
For more quick and easy breakfast recipes, try my Spicy Vegetarian Shakshuka recipe! My Egg-Free Chocolate Muffins and Egg-Free Blueberry Muffins are also healthy, quick breakfast recipes that are perfect for on the go!
You just need rashers of bacon for this recipe - nothing else! No oil sprayer is needed or seasonings.
To make bacon in the air fryer, you'll need:
- 5-7 slices of your preferred bacon, as many rashers as can fit into your air fryer basket
See the recipe card for precise quantities and instructions.
There is no preparation required other than preheating your air fryer. Simply pop the bacon rashers in and cook for 7-8 minutes and you're done! Perfectly cooked, juicy and flavorful bacon - ready in under 10 minutes!
Preheat the air fryer to 400 °F (200 °C) for 5 minutes.
Once the air fryer has preheated, lay slices of bacon in one layer in the air fryer basket. The edges of the bacon can touch as they will shrink down a lot, so fit in as much bacon as you can in one layer.
Air fry the bacon for 7-8 minutes until cooked and crispy. Cook for one minute less for softer bacon and another minute or two more for very crispy bacon.
Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving as the bacon will be very hot!
Hint: You can also cook the bacon on a sheet of aluminum foil to minimize the mess. Just cook the bacon for a minute or two longer as the air circulation of the air fryer will be affected by the foil.
Air fry bacon for a total of 8 minutes for crispy, perfect bacon. Air fry for 7 minutes for softer bacon and 9-10 minutes for super crispy bacon or thicker cut bacon rashers.
Yes! Bacon cooked in the air fryer is healthier as it is suspended over the grease that falls as it cooks. Unlike oven or pan frying where the bacon gets cooked and crisped up in its own juices.
Air fry the bacon rashers at 400 °F (200 °C) for a total of 8 minutes.
Well, it takes half the time, is super easy to clean up afterward, and always comes out perfectly cooked and slightly crispy. I definitely think the air fryer is the best way to make bacon for a quick breakfast or lunch (or snack)!
Yes, you can cook raw meat in an air fryer! At high temperatures, it is safe to cook raw meat in an air fryer. Always follow the recipe's directions for food safety.
You can easily adjust the cooking time and temperature of your air fryer to give you various types of bacon:
- Softer Bacon - Add one or two more rashers of bacon to the air fryer (the edges can slightly overlap) and then air fry the bacon for 7-8 minutes. Check at 7 minutes and if the bacon is not cooked enough, cook for another minute.
- Extra Crispy Bacon - Make sure to preheat your air fryer and then also cook the bacon rashers for a total of 9 minutes. As the bacon cools after cooking it will also crisp up.
This recipe has been developed and tested using a Cosori Max XL Large Cooker. It has a capacity of 5.8 quarts.
I love making quick lunch and dinner recipes in the air fryer - it uses so little oil and all the food comes out crispy and delicious every time! Cleaning up is a breeze, and I can stick it in the dishwasher too!
Store any leftover bacon (if you have any leftovers at all!) in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can eat it as is or reheat it in the air fryer for a minute or two.
Leftover bacon doesn't stand up well to freezing.
- Laying the Bacon Down: The bacon will shrink while cooking so you can lay the bacon rashers down slightly touching each other. Don't lay rashers of bacon on each other as they will just take longer to cook and stick together. Make two batches of bacon if needed.
- Oil and Seasonings: There is no need to spray oil on the bacon or season it for this recipe.
- Air Fryer Preheating: Preheating your air fryer is important for this recipe, it helps the bacon be crispier without over-cooking!
- Crispy and Soft Bacon: Follow the tips laid out above for making softer bacon and crisper bacon, just by adjusting the cooking time.
Air Fryer Bacon
- 5-7 slices of bacon use the amount of bacon that can fit into your air fryer in one single layer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 °F (200 °C) for 5 minutes.
- Once the air fryer has preheated, lay slices of bacon in one layer in the air fryer basket. The edges of the bacon can touch as they will shrink down a lot, so fit in as much bacon as you can in one layer.5-7 slices of bacon
- Air fry the bacon for 7-8 minutes until cooked and crispy. Cook for one minute less for softer bacon and another minute or two more for very crispy bacon.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before serving.
This recipe was tested with these air fryers: